3/25/2008

The Results Are In!

My throat and esophagus are very sore today after that endoscopy yesterday afternoon. The final results are not in yet, because they are performing biopsies on tissue they had to remove, but I do have some news...

My stomach was very red inside... this could be from acid reflux, or from aspirin. The biopsy will determine. Also, they found what is called an inlet patch in my upper esophagus. This could be producing acid, and also may be the reason for why my food is getting stuck in my throat when I eat. The most serious finding found yesterday is that I may have Barrett's Esophagus. Basically, this means my lower esophagus has been burned from constant acid. If I do have it, I have a higher risk of developing esophagus cancer, and would need to have an endoscopy yearly. *Sigh*. The results will be given to me in about a week. Until then... it's just time to wait.

I'm not feeling like writing write now. I'll update more later.

Peace,
~Nelle!~

1 comment:

kristine said...

I hope everything comes back ok. I will be thinking of you...