3/24/2008

Today I'm having....

an endoscopy. For the last couple of months, I've been having extreme heartburn and indigestion. It has gotten so bad that sometimes I have difficulty swallowing after I eat, and even get heartburn after eating bread! Yuck! So, I went to the doctor and they have decided that it's necessary to do an endoscopy. This procedure is not as fun as it sounds. (LOL). I haven't been able to eat anything after midnight of last night, and I couldn't drink anything, not even water after 8:00 A.M. this morning. My stomach has to be completely empty because they're going to give me an IV which will put me to sleep, and while I'm out they'll stick a tube with a camera down my throat, into my esophagus, into my stomach, and also my small intestine. This will allow them to look at any damage or problems inside.

Not too fun, and I'm not looking forward to it. But, I'll update on how it went tomorrow. I gotta a bunch of work to do before I duck out of work for the day.

Have a great one!

~Nelle~

1 comment:

kristine said...

No fun! Good luck! We had to have this done with Graycen when she was only 6 months old or so. Can you imagine? They didn't put her under though. It sucked....